Pages - Menu

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Essie Bikini So Teeny Collection

Hi guys! I went to Rite-Aid yesterday and was surprised to see that they had the new collection from Essie, Bikini So Teeny.  I picked up three out of six.  I may go back and get one more. For some reason I'm drawn to their polishes! Anyway on to the swatches!


I just have to start by saying how surprised I am at these three polishes. I'm a big fan of Essie, but sometimes they have some bad formulas. And when they are bad, they are real bad. But these three  are amazing! Great job Essie!  On all swatches I did two coats of polish and no top coat.

Bikini So Teeny is a cornflower blue with little tiny shimmers. Sometimes you can see it but most of the time you can't. I still really like it!


After I painted it on my nails I realized that I have some similar colors.

1. Revlon, Dreamer   2. Essie, Bikini So Teeny( BST)  3. Sinful Colors,  Morning Star

Dreamer is just a tiny bit darker than BST, but for the most part it is the same color just with out the tiny shimmers. Morning Star has bigger shimmers that you can see and is darker than Dreamer and BST. These all have great formulas.
Off The Shoulder is a medium hot pink cream. I could not get my camera to photograph the correct color on my nails. Made it look neon. They photos below are more accurate.

I found some similar polishes.


1. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, Presto Pink  2. Essie, Off The Shoulder( OTS )  3. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, Ruby Sequin

Presto Pink is the perfect dupe for OTS. Ruby Sequin is darker.

Mojito Madness, a true grass green. Cream finish. I don't really like how it looks on all of my nails but, I would love to use it as an accent color. I don't have anything like this one. I'm not really into greens, but something about it just makes me want it!


Overall these are great polishes! If you don't want to spend the $ on Essie go for Revlon, Dreamer and Sally H., Presto Pink. They are great polishes as well!

I just want to thank all of you who follow me and read my blog. Thanks for supporting me!


2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this collection yet but your swatches look promising! I was really worried that you were gonna say the formula sucked haha :P I might have to pick up the blue one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how many Essie's I try that have bad formulas I just keep buying them!;) I do love Essie!

      Delete